Overview

This is another blog about video games.
I'm gonna share personal experience with some of the games I've played. Most, if not all of these games will be Xbox 360 or Xbox One games because that is my preferred platform.
I hope you enjoy reading about the things that keep me from being productive.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Skate is the Name of the Game

     Skate 3 is a third-person RPG type game in which players take on the role of the CEO of a rising skateboard company. The player is tasked with completing diverse and extensive publicity events by exhibiting their skateboarding skills. Skate 3 was released on May 11, 2010 by EA Black Box and published by Electronic Arts.

Skate 3. EA Black Box. EA publishing. 2010

     Skate 3 is one of the Xbox 360's and PS3's most popular, longest-lasting, titles. The simplicity of riding a skateboard and pulling sweet tricks has made Skate a little spot in many gamers' hearts over the past 5 years. The unique quality in Skate is that it is best played in offline single-player mode. Though it's multi-player is fun and entertaining, the longevity of the game comes from its playability when internet is unavailable. I know Skate is my go-to game when I'm away from home or don't have internet at the ready.

     Skate's open world is opened to players very early in the game, giving them the option to play through or ignore the campaign in favor of just free-playing, which is the best part of the game. Skating around the small college town finding the best places to do death-defying tricks is one of the most satisfying feelings in videogaming.


     No matter how many new consoles come out, whenever I know I'll be somewhere without internet and in a position to get my gaming time in, I don't bring an Xbox One and Call of Duty, I bring my trusty Xbox 360 and Skate 3. Hours of entertainment with the use of an Xbox Controller, but Internet Optional.

     Skate 3 is available on Xbox 360 and PS3

     For more information check out these places:
     http://www.ea.com/skate-3
     http://www.ign.com/games/skate-3/xbox-360-19212

No comments:

Post a Comment