Overview

This is another blog about video games.
I'm gonna share personal experience with some of the games I've played. Most, if not all of these games will be Xbox 360 or Xbox One games because that is my preferred platform.
I hope you enjoy reading about the things that keep me from being productive.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mining, Crafting, and More Mining

     Minecraft (Next Gen Console Edition) is a first-person RPG sandbox game first introduced by Mojang games on May 17th, 2009 to PC, and November 18th, 2014 to the Xbox One and PS4. Published by 4J Studios.

Minecraft: Xbox One Edition. Mojang and 4J Studios. 2014.

     One of the most iconic video games ever created, Minecraft made it's way into the Console world and quickly became one of the most purchased games ever. The deceptively simple facade of the block forged world gives way to an immense  gaming experience that all ages can enjoy.

     As with any sandbox game, Minecraft players can do anything they set their minds to, including but not limited to building gigantic castles, cave fortresses, floating kingdoms, and even functioning computers within the game. Players can choose to either scavenge the virtual world for resources in order to build these magnificent creations, or they can enter Creative Mode, in which imagination is the only boundary. Players also have the option of completing a small in-game story to kill a powerful dragon in a strange dimension called The End.

     Though the console version of Minecraft lacks some elements of the PC Minecraft world and it's mods, it retains the basic idea of the game and many of its features.


     Minecraft also offers multiplayer in which players can build together or fight against one another in the same world over Xbox Live or PSN.

     Since the first time Minecraft came to consoles, my friends and I always held it near the top of our list of game we love to play, alongside big box games like Call of Duty and Halo. We we're never the ones to build entire cities or computers, but we made our fair share of castles and huge houses.

     Minecraft is currently available on PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4.
     
     For more information check out these places:

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this, I'm not really much of a gamer but I have personally played before and I really enjoy creating my own little house/village and going around mining your own stuff to do so. I am not the best at it but I think your video was really interesting with the mine train that you can ride all around.

    ReplyDelete