Overview

This is another blog about video games.
I'm gonna share personal experience with some of the games I've played. Most, if not all of these games will be Xbox 360 or Xbox One games because that is my preferred platform.
I hope you enjoy reading about the things that keep me from being productive.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Journey Through Kyrat

     Far Cry 4 by Ubisoft, is an open world action/adventure RPG released on November 18th, 2014. The fourth installment in the Far Cry series, this game features the young adventurer Ajay Ghale who is on a trip from America to his fictional homeland Kyrat, a small Himalayan country being ravaged by Civil War.
Far Cry 4, Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Publishing. 2014

     After playing Far Cry 3 in 2012, and having probably one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences of my career, I was extremely excited to play the next installment in the series.

    Despite Far Cry being a "series", the stories of each game are in no way related. However, they do have similar themes, isolated countries being plagued by some sort of evil faction. In Far Cry 4, Ajay returns to his homeland to spread his mother's ashes, when he arrives he discovers that his parents had been the leaders of a rebel militia called the Golden Path whose mission is to liberate Kyrat from its corrupt government. Ajay gets caught up in the struggles and fights to free the people of Kyrat.

 Far Cry 4 Gameplay, Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Publishing. 2014

     Far Cry 4 is oddly similar to its predecessor Far Cry 3; this can be seen in a few different ways. On one hand Far Cry 3 was a great game and therefore Far Cry 4 is also great. On the other hand, some players may want something similar to Far Cry 3, but still distinct and a separate experience.

     Personally, I find Far Cry 4 to be one of the best game so far this year. The graphics are unparalleled. The massive world has hundreds of little secrets that one person would never be able to discover alone. The story is very immersive and interesting, I often found myself unable to put the controller down because I wanted to find out what happens.

     Far Cry 4 is available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC.
     
     For more information and reviews check out these places:

2 comments:

  1. I had been playing Far Cry 3 before, and I loved the graphics and stories. However, if the story has been continued with same characters as Far cry 3 without any replacement, it would be better to strengthen its story, like what Call of Duty did.
    I expect the graphic of Far Cry 4 to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far Cry 4 was indeed an amazing game. However, it felt a little too similar to Far Cry 3. The level up system was oddly familiar (minus the cool tattoos) and the climbing of towers and raiding of outposts seemed extremely familiar. Is there anything other than an upgrade in mechanics and graphics that really makes Far Cry 4 different than Far Cry 3? I enjoy both of these games enormously, but I think Far Cry 3 made a bigger and better leap forward than Far Cry 4 did.

    ReplyDelete